Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bridal Shower Cake - June 2013



This cake was a for a bridal shower that was being hosted by my friend Kristine Bono.  She had  a couple of dear girl friends getting married and asked me to come up with a spa themed cake to help celebrate their wedding.  The lucky couple were major fans of the liquor Fireball so I decided to incorporate that into the cake somehow.  The cake was a red velvet cake and I added cayenne pepper to it to add some spice.  I created a simple syrup by reducing the fireball down into a simple syrup and soaking it on the cake and putting it in the cream cheese frosting.  It was soooo yummy.  All of the decorations on the top of the cake were made out of gum paste and fondant.  This was such a fun cake to put together.  I then went one step further and with the remaining cake, I made cake balls.  All of the simple syrup was used so I just soaked the cake with straight fireball and coated them with candy coating.  Basically they were "rum balls."  This cake was a lot of fun,  thank you Kristine for hiring me to make it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment